How Michelle Sold 60 Homes in Her First 18 Months as a Real Estate Agent
Mar 10, 2022
Michelle was born in Alaska and currently works at the KW Alaska office. Michelle left a stable job as the director of an elite sales team at private school for a career in real estate more than two years ago. Despite her experience as a top producing sales person, Michelle never wanted a 100% commission job because she worried about not knowing where her next paycheck would come from. AND if it weren't for a friend introducing her to Kristi Mock, the team leader and listing specialist for our Alaska office, she would have never considered making the switch.
- Michelle sold 20 homes in her first 8 months as a real estate agent and then sold another 40 in the next 12 months for a total of 60 homes.
- Almost 50% of that business came from open houses.
- Michelle knew she could execute so she took the leap into real estate. She was so confident in herself, that she cashed in her 401K to help cover expenses during the first couple months while she ramped up.
- She recognized that if she could get in front of just one buyer that doesn't have a real estate agent and have a good conversation with them, an open house was worth her time.
- If you're working on your business plan for 2022, try to keep it simple and focus your goals on leading indicators instead of lagging indicators.
- She's determined to break through the normal ceiling that most buyer agents hit and work with up to 20 buyers a month. Part of the reason she's able to do that is because of the support she gets from KCN and Kristi Mock.
- KCN support enables her to focus on her 20% and work with more buyers because of it. It also allows her to set boundaries around her work schedule which is really important.
Michelle's Simplified Plan
- 4 open houses a month
- 100 calls a week
- 4 new buyers a month
- 4 contracts a month
Michelle's Detailed Plan
Notice, those goals are SMART. They're specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.
Michelle is an excellent example of what it takes to be successful in real estate.
If you're interested in talking with us, we can help you make a plan like the one we made for Michelle. And if you already have a plan, perhaps we can help you achieve it.
Either way feel free to call, text, or email our Director of Expansion, Luis Carmona, and get in touch. His phone number is (805)390-1536 and his email is [email protected]
Have a question?
Email our Director of Marketing - [email protected] - and we'll answer it in our next post!